Editor’s note: In addition to our own Pagan use, many of us may know open-minded Christians to share this Webinar with, for whom this would also be useful and sacred.
Though the webinar will focus on Christmas, there will be wisdom for people of all traditions, and no religious tradition. This program is a pilot for a proposed forum on including the sacred story of the Universe in our seasonal and religious celebrations to more deeply address the environmental crisis. It’s a live Q&A&S and you’re invited to send in Questions and Share your cosmic rituals.
Live Lecture and Q&A with Rev. Dr. Carol Kilby
7:00 PM EST; Thursday November 14th
CPD* Hour: One
What you will learn?
- Ways to meaningfully share and celebrate the deepest cosmic mysteries.
- New ways to celebrate Christmas as well as seasonal celebrations from other traditions.
- A renewed appreciation for the original cosmological purpose of many religious celebrations.
- Ways to bring the Cosmic into school celebrations.
Who is this for?
* Parents/Grandparents: For all of those interested in ritualizing this time of year in your home. While the primary focus is on Christmas, there will be wisdom for people of all traditions during this season of celebrating light in the midst darkness.
*Leaders of Christmas rituals (and other traditions as well) at home, in church, or in schools. Many of you will have some familiarity with what is called Big History, the Epic of Evolution, Deep Time, or The Universe Story, and are interested in how Christianity and other traditions can evolve to further encourage ecologically conscious, environmentally responsible, and spiritually ethical social evolution.
* Teachers: Are you looking for ways to ritualize this special time of year in your classroom? This live lecture and Q&A will be of interest, particularly if you’re a Montessori teacher looking to find ways to connect the holidays with a Cosmic Curriculum.
Meet The Leader
“The climate crisis together with the Deeptime Story,” says Carol Kilby, “have led me on a cosmic dance. First, out of the urban pulpit and mainline Protestant theology, into the woods to found the Gaia Centre for Eco-spirituality and Sustainable Work, and then to my surprise, back into leadership in a rural congregation. I’ll be sharing how, when we used both Christian and Cosmic stories themes like preparation in Advent and birth at Christmas pointed out our response-abilities in the planetary family.”
Carol brings years of immersion in the Cosmic Story and ritualizing it in multiple ways. She invites you to bring your experiences.
*AMS approved continuing professional development hour. Our certificates are recognized by many schools. Check with your supervisor to see if these courses meet your requirements.
BIO: Rev. Dr. Carol Kilby, author, speaker, and ritualist, is a retired minister in the United Church of Canada (16 years full time, 10 years part time), and retired founder and director of the Gaia Centre for Eco-Spirituality and Sustainable Work, Haliburton, Canada. The Gaia Centre, under her leadership, hosted numerous deeptime teachers including Matt Fox, Brian Swimme, Jennifer Morgan, Drew Dillinger, Miriam MacGillis, Michael Dowd, and Connie Barlow. She has a Masters of Divinity (M. Div.) from the University of Toronto, Victoria University Emmanuel College; and a Doctor of Divinity from the University of Creation Spirituality, Oakland, CA. She has studied with Miriam MacGillis and Lawrence Edwards at Genesis Farm and Gail Worcelo at Green Mountain Monastery. Carol has authored two books: Cosmic Beatitudes – A Code of Being for this Evolutionary Moment with Caitlin and Peter Adair; and Out, In, and On The Fringe – My Dance From Pulpit To Cosmos.