There is no initiation for Naturalistic Pagans to undergo. If you feel this path is right for you, all you need do is put it into action. Here are some things you can do:
- Learn about the world around you. There are many scientific resources, both published and on the Internet, which you can draw upon for this.
- Learn about the science of religion. Much has been written recently about both the positive and negative roles that religion plays in our psychology and in society.
- Spend time in nature. Use all of your senses. There is no substitute for direct experience of nature.
- Cultivate a sense of wonder at the universe and our place within it, from the most distant star to the smallest particles to the depths of human psychology.
- Read and meditate upon ancient pagan myths, as well as contemporary Neopagan myths.
- Join in rituals of other Neopagans, even if they are not naturalistic, or create your own.
- Apply the scientific method to your religious practice: experiment.
- Accept responsibility for your actions, especially for your impact on the environment, and embrace your responsibility to make the world a better place.
- Check out what other Naturalistic Pagans are doing. This site and the Naturalistic Paganism Yahoo discussion group are excellent resources. Join the Humanistic Paganism Facebook page.